Student marketing and recruitment privacy notice
College Limited (UTS College) collects, stores and uses personal information to engage with its customers and future students, for the purpose of carrying out its business activities including recruiting students.
The personal information we collect may include your contact details, nationality, country of residence, date of birth, study status and study interests.
UTS College may also collect personal information via UTS, where enquiries UTS receives relate to UTS College courses. Similarly, where you submit an enquiry to UTS College that relates to a UTS course, your personal information will be provided to UTS. Please refer to the UTS Student marketing and recruitment notice for further details.
UTS College and UTS may collect personal information directly from you, or via a UTS College or UTS authorised education agent, who may also contact you on our behalf to help you with your enquiry.
If you provide your personal information
Providing your personal information to UTS College is voluntary and enables us to provide certain services to you. If you provide your personal information to UTS College, we may:
- use the details you provide, including your nominated email address, to send you information about UTS College including its course offerings, services, activities, facilities, benefits, news and events. The details will also be used to develop and assess the effectiveness of UTS College’s marketing strategies and events, and to review associated enrolment trends over time.
- use the details you provide for student recruitment and marketing purposes. UTS College uses a range of standard social media and digital marketing tools. We may disclose your personal information to digital marketing companies, which may be based overseas (e.g. by providing your email address to Facebook in the USA) for the purpose of advertising UTS College’s course offerings and services to individuals who have similar online behaviour.
- not disclose your information unless required or permitted by law.
- may collect and store your information securely in a customer relationship management (CRM) system maintained by an authorised education agent on behalf of UTS College. UTS College will take reasonable steps to ensure the information provided remains secure.
- retain your information to satisfy the above purposes and UTS College’s legal obligations to retain records.
Access and correction
You are responsible for ensuring the information you provide to UTS College and UTS is correct and up to date. If you would like to:
- access or correct personal information held by UTS College;
- lodge a complaint about a breach of your privacy; or
- raise any concerns about your privacy at UTS College,
You can access or correct personal information held by UTS at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to unsubscribe from specific types of communications, or from communications as a whole that are sent to you via the CRM system, use the unsubscribe link in any of the email communications you have received from UTS College or send your request to email@example.com
Note that this will not unsubscribe you from other communications from UTS College where you have provided your information separately for other purposes.
UTS College digital marketing
About privacy at UTS College
For further information about privacy, see Privacy.
The UTS College registered office is at Level 9, 187 Thomas Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia. Telephone: +61 (0)2 9218 8600.